Starting Thursday July 14th the Hatha Yoga class will move from it's current 8:30am starting time to 8:00am. It will then be held at 8:00am on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for trial period to see if members prefer it scheduled this way. This will allow for a 75 minute class and allow students to exit the group exercise room at 9:15am. 15 minutes before the start of the 9:30am Step and Tone class.
Aqua classes begin Monday, June 13 at 10:00 am. The class schedule is:
Welcome to the Island Athletic Club
The IAC is the most established fitness facility in Queen Anne's County. October 2015 we celebrated our 28th year in business. The club opened it's doors on Kent Island on October 26,1987. The club was created by John Murphy with the idea that workouts could be fun and a great learning experience at the same time. Throughout the years we have stayed true to that principle. The club has grown to over 12,000 square feet and features the best names in the fitness business. Strength equipment by Cybex, Nautilus, Hammer Strength, Body Masters, and Hampton. Cardio equipment by Lifefitness, Precor, Cybex, Matrix and Concept 2.
Island Athletic Club has a tremendous number of services available to its members.
- We offer more initial training sessions to help you get started on your program than any club in the area.
- We have the greatest variety and number of group exercise classes taught on a monthly basis.
- We have spacious locker room facilities and towel services for our members.
- We have babysitting services for your children while you workout in the morning as well as the evening.
- We are located at Mears Point Marina so we have great views of the Kent Narrows and the Chester River while you workout.